Wednesday, December 17, 2014

One Thing

I can't be just one thing. Every time I have to write a description of myself for a profile, I struggle a little remembering people telling me "But how can you be this and that at the same time?"
Well, I was convinced that there wasn't an easy answer for that. Until now. Today I discovered that in fact there is an easy answer: "I can't help it".
I am a vegetarian that doesn't hate people that have other diet choices. Including strict vegans and true carnivores. I live in a country where people eat cow meat in a regular basis and the rest of the world consider our cows as the best meat in the world. My family has a very strong "asado" tradition. They cook a whole cow on a stake on fire made from a pile of wood. Well, I'm not trying to convince them to change it. I just don't eat what I don't feel I like. Meat is one of these things. I love cooking and one of my idols is Anthony Bourdain. Even if he hates vegetarians. I think I understand him. He doesn't hate vegetarians per se. He hates the fact that most of them doesn't care about good cooking and great taste. I would hate that too because one of the things that make me incredibly happy is to be able to cook and eat good tasty food whenever I want.
I am a buddhist. I practice meditation twice a day, for two hours. I don't pretend that everybody in the world meditates and practices vipassana meditation. Or zen. Everyone has their path. This is mine and I enjoy every step or it.
I love nature and I love machines. Computers among all. The Internet. Cellphones. Mechanisms. All the great things we can enjoy in our 21st. century. I love the 21st. century. I also love museums. Great artists like Caravaggio or Klimt, for example. I'm not ashamed to say that I felt true emotion when I saw Klimt's "The Kiss" IRL. Yes, I cried In Real Life. Real tears. Of real emotion and gratitude to be able to see the actual painting. I had a similar emotion when I had my first ultrabook, an ASUS Vivobook. So beautiful. I feel so grateful to be able to work every day using such a beautiful object. I have to admit that I didn't cry. No tears over my beautiful ASUS Vivobook.
I'm happy. I can't help it. If someone doesn't understand that I love and enjoy "Pride and Prejudice" as much as "Hannibal" or "Grimm" or "The Hunger Games", so be it. I can't really help it.
Thanks for reading.
Be Happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment